16.2.12

Square One

So here it goes, as of yesterday I decided that I am committing to the 2012 Ride Against AIDS for the group Face AIDS.  The packet I received gave the following description:
The 2012  Ride  Against  AIDS  will  begin  at  Ocean Beach in San Francisco, CA,  and proceed in 60-100 mile daily segments across the United States. Rest days will be interspersed throughout the summer so that no riders will ride more than seven days in a row without a rest day.  From  California, the route continues  through  Nevada,  Utah, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland,  West Virginia,  Washington  D.C.,  Delaware,  New  Jersey,  New  York,  Connecticut,  and  Rhode Island before finally arriving in Massachusetts. All in all,  the  ride covers over 4,000 miles and 18 states in 67 days. 
I hope to detail to the best of my ability every step from here to when the ride ends in August, and beyond. From my training, fundraising, and every mile of of the journey from here to the finish line.

Full Disclosure:
As of today I am at square one.
  • I am 5'2", 150 lbs.
  • As of last week I had a workout routine of about 60 minutes cardio and 30 minutes weights and core 4 times a week
  • I have a 1,500-2,000 calorie a day diet, although I don't watch this too closely
  • My lifting is fairly pathetic, I can bench 60 and leg press 190
  • I can do about 20 pushups and 40 sit-ups in a minute
  • I rode my first century in 2009, I doubt I could go out and do the same tomorrow
  • I ride at a leisurely pace of around 12 mph, I don't know what pace I can max out at over long distances, as I haven't gone on a serious ride in over a year
  • I haven't been able to run in about a year, due to a broken ankle in March of last year

Totals:
Miles on my bike - 6
Time on my bike - 0:30
Money raised - $0

1 comment:

  1. Love the full disclosure! I have a feeling that you'll be amazed in the difference between these stats and the stats you'll post in a month or two. Ironically enough, my first training ride for my first Aids ride was (and I'm not making this up) 6 miles. I take that as a good sign.... :-)

    ReplyDelete