4.5.12

Check in ride

I did my check in ride yesterday and I just wanted to share a little bit about my ride. 88 degrees and sunny, way too hot for an Illinois May! All was going well until I turned North and hit some 22 mile an hour winds and realized I wasn't as fast as I thought I was. I rode around pretty aimlessly through the wind farm outside of Bloomington for a few hours, trying to pass as many of the windmills I could then figuring out how to get back. Highlights include stopping and having some honeysuckle while hanging out with cows and running over an (already) dead snake.  I got some awesome cut-off tan lines and scuffed up my white shoes so they don't look quite so new. This definitely pumped me up for the long days through some states with better scenery than 50 solid miles of cows and soy.

No comments:

Post a Comment