Landed in san francisco yesterday for orientation, and happy to say my bike, luggage, and I all landed in one piece. A little 5am sweet talking even got my bike on the plane for no extra charge, which was a life saver since I've come to realize how expensive biking is. Meeting everyone was interesting since I've spent the past 3 months relentlessly staling their facebook profiles and creeping through their pictures, but I'm derfinitely not dissapointed.
San Francisco is a beautiful town with hellish hills that are rough even on foot. There's also an interesting homeless population that we learned about first hand when a midnight subway trip culminated in being approached by a man covered in blood who had just been jumped and wanted help finding a Tony Jones and his jacket, and a toothless woman who thought I was someone named Harriet who was on a committee for the pride parade.
Looking forward to our first group ride and our kickoff from the Golden Gate bridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment