5.7.12

The best laid plans

Today was another rest day and it was desperately needed. This week had a lot of really difficult days and a day off the bike could not have come soon enough.  Glennwood springs was a beautiful town, but it was a very touristy town and therefore everything was very expensive.  We had a lot of plans for the day; hot springs, gondola ride to caverns, hiking, but none of it came to fruition.  We never really found the springs (although we never really looked) and it was windy and then lightening making us rethink a trip up the mountain.

In the end we just wound up hanging around the downtown area, grabbing food in a cafe, and I finished my book in a cafe waiting for people to finish spa appointments.  I also bought some much needed supplies, a notebook, a new mouthpiece for my camelbak and some snacks to punctuate the energy bars I eat all day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment