We left this morning from North Platte before the sun came up, and made it a whole 15 miles before my back tire started swelling up, and the tube blew through the rubber. The couple that had put us up the night before on their lawn knew a bike shop owner in town, and I was able to back track in the van and pick up a new tire, tubes, and some insulated water bottles for an awesome discount.
I caught back up to the group at lunch and finished off the ~70 mile day into Lexington, NE, a small town that survives off of, and smells like, its meat packing plant. We stayed at a small campground outside of town (far enough out of town to avoid the smell) and had breakfast for dinner made of pancakes and eggs. Here's to hoping that I actually get a full, uninterupted day of riding in Nebraska tomorrow, and here's to hoping my new tire holds up, at least for a little while.
No comments:
Post a Comment