Today was finally a shorter day, though not necessarily an easier day. The whole morning was a lot of climbing and rolling hills that seemed to require a lot of work without a lot of payoff. After about 30 miles we finally hit the downhill, but the head wind was rough and the descent still required a good amount of work. 5 miles out of lunch Cacie's tire went the way of mine and exploded through the patch job I'd done the night before, putting her tied in first with me and Sydney for ruined tires. Unable to ride the van picked her up and I finished the ride to lunch on my own. Not ready to be outdone I flatted out (number 10) 2 miles out of town.
The afternoon was a pleasant surprise when the 25 miles I thought we had left turned out to be closer to 10 miles. We render vouz-ed at a gas station, then hitched a ride into the town in the vans as there was no way to get there without using the interstate.
After a long stretch of camping having a home stay tonight was nice. We had a big home cooked meal in true 4th of july style with brats and beans and fruit and ice cream. After dinner and much needed showers, a few of us went in to town and hit up a local brewery, I got a delicious berry ale, then picked up some harder stuff for a celebration back at the house.
Fire bans and bad timing meant that we didn't see any fireworks, but being able to sleep in tomorrow will be more than worth it.
The afternoon was a pleasant surprise when the 25 miles I thought we had left turned out to be closer to 10 miles. We render vouz-ed at a gas station, then hitched a ride into the town in the vans as there was no way to get there without using the interstate.
After a long stretch of camping having a home stay tonight was nice. We had a big home cooked meal in true 4th of july style with brats and beans and fruit and ice cream. After dinner and much needed showers, a few of us went in to town and hit up a local brewery, I got a delicious berry ale, then picked up some harder stuff for a celebration back at the house.
Fire bans and bad timing meant that we didn't see any fireworks, but being able to sleep in tomorrow will be more than worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment